Monday, November 10, 2014

Napoleon Dynamite: 10 Years Later

In August of 2004, the movie "Napoleon Dynamite" was released.  Isn't it amazing how time flies?  It seems like yesterday that I was 14, living in New Mexico, and chilling at my house with my friends watching this movie for the first time.  Oh, the memories!  To help you feel even older, here are some images from the cast members - then and now; take a look...

Napoleon Dynamite (Jon Heder)
I am almost certain that my younger brother has (or at least had) that "Vote for Pedro" t-shirt.  Yes.  Yes he did.  In fact, he wore that  shirt for the"Napoleon Dynamite" dance that the Young Men did for the Multi-Stake Dance-Festival.  My, oh, my.

To quote some of the articles about this historic event, "Oh, my gosh!  Jon Heder got hot!"  But seriously.  Look at that guy.  No one wanted to date him before, but you can't keep the ladies away now!  So much for the quirky nobody...

Pedro Sanchez (Efren Ramirez)
You have my vote, Pedro!  Who could turn this guy down??  May ten years, ago, but definitely not today!  Don't we all miss Pedro and Napoleon's friendship?  I wish I had had a friendship like theirs.  Pedro was just the friend Napoleon needed; they helped one another pick up chicks and learn that "Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills!"

Oh, how I miss this guy...  I will re-state this for Pedro as well: he got hot!!

Deb (Tina Majorino)
Can you say "babe alert?"  Geez, Louise!  Talk about ten years changing someone.  I remember how I went as Deb during my Senior Homecoming week (it was "dress up as a movie character day.")  I wore my hair in a side pony, just like hers; Keds; skinny shorts; and my "Tina you fat lard" t-shirt.  Those were the good ol' days.  Thanks for the inspiration, Deb!  I knew I liked you.

Who knew this lady would become a well-known actress one day?

Uncle Rico (Jon Gries)
Oh, Uncle Rico.  No one could ever forget you.  As one article put it: "If only Coach had put him in fourth quarter.  They would've been state champions.  No doubt.  No doubt in my mind."  You were a bully of an uncle, but man could you throw a football!!  If only we had more quarterbacks that could throw over the mountains...  **sigh**

But let's be honest for a minute: you were the meanest uncle ever.  Napoleon deserved better.

Kip (Aaron Ruell)
Nuff said...
Napoleon: Stay home and eat all the freakin' chips, Kip.
Kip: Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day.  Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
Napoleon: Since when, Kip? You have the worst reflexes of all time.
Kip: Try and hit me, Napoleon.
Napoleon: What?
Kip: I said come down here and see what happens if you try and hit me.

I'll finish here.  Wouldn't want to ruin all of the ten-year changes of the cast members.  Check out one of these links for yourself.  Reminisce in all of Napoleon Dynamite's excellence.  I may have to go watch this move now...  I would challenge you to do the same.

Links:




1 comment:

  1. I love this movie. My favorite one of all time. My husband and I quote it all the time. We even talk to each other in the Kip voice. Sometimes it slips out in public... anyway, love the movie!

    ReplyDelete