Monday, November 24, 2014

Gratitude Challenge

My husband sent me an email this morning with a link to the December 2011 Ensign.  There was an article written by two of my dear co-workers and friends, John Hilton III and Anthony Sweat.  Their article was entitled "Take a Gratitude Challenge."  I thought it was the perfect blog/message for this week, as Thanksgiving is quickly approaching.  I am challenging all who read this to take the challenge.  Write a blog, a journal entry, or a Facebook post about 100 of the things you are grateful for, and then share it!  Here is the link for the article:  Take a Gratitude Challenge!!!  Now go check it out, and take the challenge!!!  This is a great way to prepare (or spend) your Thanksgiving holiday.
10 physical abilities I am grateful for:
1. Walking/running
2. Talking
3. Vision
4. Hearing/listening
5. Agility/flexibility
6. Waving
7. The bend and snap
8. Writing/typing
9. Jumping
10. Hugging/kissing

10 material possessions I am grateful for:
1. Bed
2. Car
3. Kitchen
4. Washer and dryer
5. Clothes (and lots of them)
6. Shoes (especially BOOTS)
7. Smartphone
8. Pictures
9. Laptop
10. My wedding ring

10 living people I am grateful for:
1. Shawn Fielding
2. Richard and Kelly Sobczak
3. Apryl and Sean Larkin (and kids)
4. Austin and Anona Sobczak (and kids)
5. Amric Sobczak
6. My in-laws
7. Machew and Olaf and their families!
8. President Thomas S. Monson
9. Can I say FAMILY in general?? (you know who you are!)
10. John Reim

10 deceased people I am grateful for:
1. Jesus Christ (although, He is resurrected...)
2. Iris McCoy
3. Judy Ann
4. Bill Goeres
5. Joseph Smith
6. President Gordon B. Hinckley
7. Paul Walker
8. George Washington (and all of our forefathers)
9. Tim and Tom McCoy
10. My grandfathers (Poppa and Grandpa Sobczak)

10 things about nature I am grateful for:
Nature art image 85811. Fresh air
2. Mountains
3. Trees
4. Rain
5. Flowers
6. Grass
7. Animals
8. Rocks and Seashells
9. Water
10. Fog and Clouds


Book shelf ideas…10 things about TODAY I am grateful for:
1. To be alive
2. My job
3. My eternal marriage
4. School/education
5. To (almost) be a graduate of BYU
6. Seminary
7. The Gospel and my testimony
8. Prayer and scriptures
9. Modern medicine and doctors
10. The Constitution

10 places on earth I am grateful for:

Portland Oregon Temple- I was sealed to my husband here!! :)
1. The Temple(s)
2. Hogle Zoo
3. Orcas Island
4. Hawaii
5. BYU (go cougs!)
6. Zion National Park
7. My home
8. Bathrooms
9. The Bell Tower (at BYU)
10. Ensign Peak


10 modern inventions I am grateful for:
1. Cell phones
2. Computers
3. Internet
4. FaceTime
5. Bluetooth
6. Television/Movies
7. Streaming (NetFlix, Hulu+, Amazon Prime, Spotify)
8. Online shopping
9. Email
10. Social Media!!!

10 foods I am grateful for:
1. Ice Cream
2. Macaroni and Cheese
3. Mexican (all of it!)
4. Turkey (in honor of Thanksgiving!)
5. Pie (again, in honor of Thanksgiving)
6. French fries
7. Cheeseburgers
8. Toast (especially with cinnamon sugar!)
9. Cheese
10. BACON!!!

ReflectionsofChrist — Resurrection
10 things about the gospel that I am grateful for:
1. The Book of Mormon
2. My Patriarchal Blessing
3. Eternal families
4. Church (and all the leaders)
5. My calling
6. The sacrament
7. The Plan of Salvation
8. Priesthood
9. The General Authorities and the Prophet
10. The Family: A Proclamation to the World
"When we make a list like this, we discover that a list of 100 doesn't even begin to scratch the surface of all the things God has given us."

How true that is!  I hope you enjoyed learning about me a little bit, and that you take the Gratitude Challenge.  Take some time to show, reflect, and express your gratitude today.  I hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment