Friday, November 14, 2014

"Mean Girls": 10 Years Later



Mean-GirlsI don't know about you, but I loved the movie "Mean Girls."  Okay, "love" is a strong word..  I related a little TOO well to this movie.  That is probable why it was even more funny to watch.  There are so many good one liners, and a few "shocker" moments as well.  Mostly, I cannot believe how far (or not so far) the actors in the show have come, where they are now, and how they have changed.  Take a quick look:

Meet the plastics!  (I relate all too well to this...)  Always remember that, "On Wednesday's we wear pink."  Thank you, Amanda Seyfried.


Let's just say that if you are looking for a movie to do a research project about "Mean Girls," this is the movie to watch!  So many backstabbing, gossip, I'm an outcast, pick on me situations.  In a way that makes this movie kind of horrid, BUT SO TRUE TO LIFE!

Now, I can't relate as well to this scene.  But what are your thoughts on it?  Does anyone have a mother like this?  And what kind of parents give up their master bedroom to their kid?  This proves my point though about studying "Mean Girls" - do you see how they act, pick at themselves, gossip about others?  Geez...  Is high school still like this?  I hope not, for the sake of my future children, but I am led to believe that girls and high school are still like this...


Regardless of the negative attributes, I enjoy this movie.  If you haven't seen it yet, go watch it.  I feel a little aged, though - I cannot believe it has been TEN YEARS since this movies was released.  Let's just say this - "That's so fetch!!"

Mean-Girls-01.jpg
Mean-Girls-02.jpg








Read this article for all the juicy reunion information.  You'll enjoy it!
http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/11/05/mean-girls-reunion/

1 comment:

  1. I love this movie too, but feel slightly bad about it. I am sure that it is something most girls can relate too, but at the same time, my high school wasn't like this at all. Sure we had our own little groups, but there were no popular kids like the plastics, just super involved nice kids who knew a lot of people.

    ReplyDelete