Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Jennifer Garner: Permanent Baby Bump

A few weeks ago, I shared this article on Facebook that I had read about Jennifer Garner, and then we discussed it in class today!  It was one of the coolest things I have read in a long time; super humbling, and brutally honest.  Garner was a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, and Ellen didn't waste any time clearing up the rumors that Garner was pregnant - again.  Here is how the conversation went down:

"Supposedly...you have a baby bump," Ellen DeGeneres said. "So, I guess you're pregnant again?"
"I get congratulated all the time by people that I know, saying, 'I hear you're pregnant!' You know, this one woman who had babysat for us said, 'OMG! I can't wait for baby No. 4!' and I thought, 'What is going on?' So I asked around and apparently I have a baby bump. And I'm here to tell you that I do—I do!" the actress said as the audience erupted with applause. Garner left them hanging before admitting that she was only kidding. "Hold up. Hold right up! I am not pregnant, but I have had three kids and there is a bump," she said. "From now on ladies, I will have a bump. And it will be my baby bump. And let's just all settle in and get used to it. It's not going anywhere. I have a bump. Its name is Violet, Sam, Sera. Well, but I see you guys are really eager for us to pop out another one. Gosh, you're exhausting!"
DeGeneres told her guest, "You look fantastic and it really is crazy that people are looking for something and saying that you have a baby bump...Anyway, thanks for clearing it up. So, you will have a baby bump forever." Garner laughed and replied, "Yes, forever and ever." The host asked, "But not another baby?"
"No, just a bump," Garner reiterated.
HOW COOL IS THAT?!  I love Jennifer Garner, and I love and respect her so much more after reading about this.  She gave real insight to life after having children - no fluff, no lies, just the truth.  I just loved it so much that I thought I should share it with everyone.  If you have time, you should watch the clip from her interview below.
Share this!  We should all be this confident with our bodies and who we are - and we should be proud to be moms (or future moms).


Sources:

7 comments:

  1. That is so awesome! I love it. I hope that I remember this when I have a permanent bump!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was great! Especially coming from someone famous, who is in the spotlight all the time. I think this is a great example for women. Thanks for reading and commenting.

      Delete
  2. I love this so much! I am grateful that she made it clear that it is a normal thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she is making a huge difference by having this point of view. What a great example she is, and way to have such a positive outlook on something that can be seen as negative.

      Delete
  3. I think it's hilarious that her friends were saying that they'd heard she was pregnant--I mean, they probably didn't actually hear it, and certainly not from a credible source, either. They likely just saw a picture about it on one of the tabloid magazines or some silly gossip column! Yikes. It terrifies me that this gossip is considered real news. Sheesh. Anyways, I think Jennifer Garner is the bomb dot com. I've loved her ever since she sang "love is a battlefield" on 13 Going on 30:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I know! Proof that not everything we hear or read about is real. But in reality, Jennifer Garner is one of my most favorite people; what a classy lady!

      Delete
  4. I thought it her statements were very enlightening. She gave me hope for when I reach that stage of my life. What a great outlook to have!

    ReplyDelete